Internationally operating enterprises are increasingly looking for partnering with non-profit organisations and governments to manage their increasingly complex business across borders. They are confronted with questions such as:
- Portfolio management: how would an optimal portfolio of partnerships with government and NGOs look like? Which opportunities and challenges can be expected?
- How and why to start and terminate partnerships?
- What portfolio of specific partnership activities should companies have to develop in case they enter developing countries?
- Do ‘fragile’ states present different challenges to effective partnerships than relatively stable developing countries?
- What is the relationship between risk management and a partnership approach for companies.
- Can partnerships with NGOs help with a pro-active approach to development issues?
- What internationalization strategies exist with and without partnerships?
- Can (Dutch) companies reap a competitive advantage through partnerships with development NGOs?
- Which are the most important issues for an individual company to manage and what is the role of cross sector partnerships?
The Partnerships Resource Centre aims at helping companies around the world to effectively manage cross sector partnerships to contribute to sustainable development.